I recently read the posting at YoungHouseLove regarding their failed inspection for their deck, and became worried for our own up coming inspection.
In our eagerness to move forward with our kitchen, we didn’t properly time our rough plumbing inspection. EEEK! Luckily the inspector was not upset and said it was okay, since he could see all exposed pipes from the basement and attic (minus one joint). Unfortunately, we still failed for two reasons:
1. The vent needed to expanded from 2″ to 4″ before exiting the roof line. In addition to the vent needing to be expanded, it needed to be sheathed in lead. (Easy fix especially since we put on a new roof).
2. The existing drain was originally installed incorrectly, so we need to bring it up to code to a 2″ pipe. This will require us to cut into the cast iron drain pipe.
Overall, it could have been worse, but it also could have been better.